Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Humble Yourself

I just realized that I hadn't posted in over a month. I need to post about the Parrie Haynes ride and will get to that later. But I found a devotional today that I just have to post on my blog as I know that it will then post on Facebook. Here it goes:

Humble Yourself

Let this same attitude and purpose and [humble] mind be in you which was in Christ Jesus: [Let Him be your example in humility].
Philippians 2:5


Humility come from brokenness; brokenness hurts so bad, but it "hurts good". Brokenness comes when we learn that we are not hotshots after all. Brokenness comes when we judge others, and then realize that we do that same things they do. Brokenness comes when we think we are going to step out and do something great, and then fall flat on our face because we forgot to stay plugged in to God.

Brokenness come when we give our opinion, knowing that we are absolutely right to the point of arguing about it, and then find that we are wrong. Brokenness is good for us. Brokenness leads to humility, and humility precedes honor. (see Proverbs 15:33)

Joyce Meyer

No comments: