Friday, October 26, 2007

Why do I do this to myself?

Before I leave for a weekend of competition, whether it be riding or driving Summer, I get nervous. I have always been like this. But, it is not because I am nervous about placing, I think I am just nervous that I will make a fool of myself. Why do I think like that? I don't just have butterflies in my stomach, I have a whole hornets nest! I had a plain burger for lunch today and am now regretting it. It is sitting there like a 5lb brick with a bunch of pi$$ed off hornets buzzing it and stinging the snot out of it.

I have a friend named June who has only been around horses for 2 years and did her first driving show two weeks ago. She was more nervous than a cat in a cage with a hungry Bulldog staring at it. I sit right there and tell her to not be nervous, just go and have a good time and all will be great. She brought home 6 ribbons! One being a 1st place in progressive cones while beating a seasoned competitor. I was over joyed for her, especially since she did this with a pony I used to own. But how come I can give this advice but can't take my own advice?

Oh well, now I am just rambling. But I feel a little better that I wrote this. So is this what blogging is for? Maybe like a stress reliever? But I have been known to be the type of person who can be more eloquent on paper than actually saying it.

Well, I am getting off at four o'clock today and will be running around like a chicken with its head cut off trying to get loaded and on the road by 5:30 for a 3 hour tour, I mean drive. (note Gilligan's reference, bet that song is in your head now! hehe)

TTYL

No comments: