Monday, September 8, 2008

Something I thought I would never see in my lifetime.

My mom riding Summer! Pictures were taken but with her 35mm. So as soon as I get my copies I will scan and post them.

My parents came to my barn Saturday morning. I have been at that barn for 8 years and my dad has never been out there and mom my has been out there maybe 3 times. And the odd part is, the barn is only about 15 minutes from their house.

I hooked Summer up to her metal Easy Entry as my dad has a bad knee and can't get in the wooden cart. Summer was real good. I'll say it again, as usual. (smile) My mom took pictures, then it was her turn. She got in and dad took pictures. With my mom, I asked Summer to trot and do a running walk. She doesn't have a bad knee or back, so she thought it was kind of exciting for Summer to be moving out like that. When we were done, I asked her if she wanted me to saddle Summer and let her ride. I just knew she was going to say no, but surprized me with a yes. So I unhooked, unharnessed then saddled my big girl. My mom used a mounting block and got on for a few minutes. She hadn't been on a horse in 51 years, she is 59. I swear her grin was from ear to ear she was smiling so big. She was a little nervous and was ready to get off. I found out tho it was because I put my endurance saddle on Summer and it has no horn to hang onto. I will remember next time to put my western saddle on. I got on Summer and rode in around a bit then asked my mom if she wanted to ride double with me. I was actually joking and was shocked she said okay. So, this was Summer's second time to ride double. Shhhh...don't tell my mom or she might beat me to death for not telling her that. (grin) So she got on and we did a spin around the arena. Unfortunately, the camera was out of film after I took pics of her riding Summer, so dad didn't get one of use riding double. Darn it! Oh well, at least I have that memory.

Tracey and I rode Friday and Saturday evening in the pasture and last night in the barnyard. (last night we did obstacle work). Both nights were great rides, even when we had a Coyote as a riding partner and the girls were pretty good working on their obstacles.

It was a really nice weekend.

No comments: