Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Last CTR of the season...

...is slowly approaching. Last Chance at the OK Corral in Stillwater, Oklahoma. It is a nice ride. The Oklahoma Land Run was there this spring.

The last couple of rides, I have felt that I have become too competitive and I don't like it. I think I said that in my last post. I have been telling myself that I am just going to go and have fun at this ride and do the best I can.

I started reading my In Touch magazines yesterday. They are Christian magazines by Dr. Charles Stanley. I read one article yesterday that helped me put some things in perspective. I know it sounds kooky, but it made me realize that what is going to happen is going to happen. Even something as simple as NATRC. I will just go out, do the best I can with Summer, and that's that. If I place, I place, if I don't, well then, I don't.

Summer looks good. I was worried about her night before last. She showed no interest in her feed, even with the cup of sweet feed in it. But last night she scarfed it down. Feed, beet pulp and some alfalfa cubes.

Hank was colicy last night. That worried me. I called Barb and she gave him a shot of Banamin. He wasn't real bad, but you could tell, even Barb and Paula saw it. He was interested in eating, but kept laying down. Not thrashing, but he looked a little bloated. I haven't gotten a call this morning from June, so I am sure he is just fine. I am sure it was due to the drastic weather change. I am sure he isn't the only one that didn't feel good because of the weather. It got COLD Monday night. Down in the 30's I believe.

My friend Billie who owns http://www.christiancarriage.net/ (that is me sitting next to her in the top picture of the site wearing top hats) called me yesterday. She had a bad accident in Mexico while showing the new owners of some Percherons she sold him, how to handle and drive them. She busted her knee and has had two surgeries already. A few months before that, one of her drafts knocked her down causing her break her shoulder. They are gentle giants but I swear they don't know their own strength. Well, she asked me if I could drive her carriage a few times in December, I said of course. It is extra Christmas money and I do enjoy her company.

Well, gotta go.
TTFN

No comments: