Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Spoke to soon...shame on me!


Well, we went to the Horsemasters ride in East Texas this past weekend.

To make a long story short, I was heart broken. I thought I had a bad ride and that everything that was bad, happened because of rider error. I figured Summer would do fine, but I was wrong. She did not place at this ride. However, I was SHOCKED that I placed 2nd in my class. I just knew that she would place and I wouldn't. The way everything looks now, she may have been bumped down in yearend standings right now. I am maintaining 2nd, but she may be 4th again.

When I got her card, I expected it to be horrible, but was surprised that it was a 96. She received a 96 two weeks ago that placed in her the 2nd place position.

I think, no, I know, I am getting too competitive and I don't think I like it. I don't like feeling disappointed if Summer doesn't place. Or is that just human nature to be competitive? But I just hate this disappointed feeling. She competed against the same horses she competed against 2 weeks ago. I know that they just did better than her this time, so for the last ride, we need to step it up. Course I say that now, and we will crap out again.

As for my title, "Spoke to soon", read my last blog where I said that Summer was out of her slump! AAAARRRRGGGGG...Why did I say that?!?!?! (smile)

On the up side, Alice Yovich's husband Peter, took some fabulous photos at the ride. Thanks Peter!!!

No comments: