I am honored to be one of the recipients of this award. A wonderful thing about this award is I have discovered new blogs that can/will help me on life long path with my horses.
It comes with three conditions. Links back where they come from (here), 7 things about me and 15 new blogs to pass it on to.
Unfortunately, I don't think I follow 15 bloggers, but I will post the ones I do keep up with.
7 things about me:
1. I have loved horses ever since I can remember. I started sketching horses at about 7 years of age. If I couldn't have a real one of my own, I would draw them and dream of riding them across open plains. That is how I made myself fall asleep at night as a child. Galloping astride my horse, into the sunset and into the land of sleep.
2. I wanted to be a veterinarian when I grew up. But the thought of putting an animal to sleep tortured me. I just couldn't do it.
3. I am a brown belt in Karate. I haven't practiced in approx. 11 years. If I went back, I would start again as a white belt.
4. I have worked in law enforcement for 16 years. In those 16 years, I have seen things that might make your toes curl, but I wouldn't give those experiences back for anything. However, law enforcement has put a hard outer shell around me most of the time, I am glad for this shell, but once in a blue moon, I wish I didn't have it.
5. I am an extreme animal lover. Within my financial means, I will take any animal in that I think needs help. I even took a 7 1/2" Boa Constrictor in. Just call me "Urban Elle Mae". My husband dreads when we get a place in the country.
6. I have been blessed to get to know my Grandmother and my Great Grandmother. My Great Grandmother passed away in 2000 and my Grandmother in 2008. Which means my daughter got to know her Great Grandmother and Great-Great Grandmother. I possess 2 pictures that are 5 generation pictures. One when my daughter was about 5 months old and one when she was 8 years old. Those are priceless to me and I will always treasure them.
7. I save the best for last. I am married to a man with the patience of a saint. I don't think any other man on this planet could put up with my shenanigans, my temper, my willfulness and my mood swings the way he does. The Lord truly does make someone for everybody.
Now for the blogs I follow and to pass on this blogger award (which some of you may have already received):
Facing 40 - Mid Life Musings
Deals with my personal friend Tracey and her life with her family and her beloved mare Amira.
I am just getting to know this blogger who calls herself Breathe. I love reading about her own personal "road to the horse" with her horse Cibolo.
Green n Green = Black n Blue
I just started following this one and can't wait to read more.
If you need a good source to follow to get your horse ready for endurance riding. Follow Granny!
sweet horse's breath
About a sweet horse named Lazarus. But be careful, you will need a tissue.
The Joy of Horses
Just joined this one also and can't wait to read more.
Just started on this one. Looks to be a good one!
Adventures Of Me and G
I have been cyber friends with Kate for several years via a gaited horse site. What she has accomplished with her boy G is inspiring me to do more with my TWH.
Trot on Hank
And last but not least is another personal friend, Jonni. Read about the horse that had major colic surgery in 2008 and went on it 2009 the win the coveted NATRC President's Cup. A truly inspiring blog.
If I can remember the other blogs I follow, I will attach them to my side bar.