Sunday, July 13, 2008

Been awhile since I posted...


What can I say but "same stuff, different day", at least for the most part.

Been riding at the barn a lot. Went to the LBJ Grasslands last Sunday (July 6th) with Barb, June, Denis, and Deborah. We had a WONDERFUL time. I haven't had a day so nice in a long time. We rode the 10 mile red loop as Barb's mare "C" is a greeny, but you wouldn't know it by riding with her, she was as solid if not more so than the other horses she was with, she just got a little more tuckered out than the others.

June brought her miniature horse "Little Bit" and stayed in camp to drive (cart and harness) and just walk around. She said that next time she is bringing her riding mount and going out with us. She didn't know it was going to be that nice out there.

Once we all got back from riding, Denis and Deborah brought hot dogs, links, and a little bar-b-que pit to cook them in. June brought all kinds of snacks and drinks. Before we ate tho, Barb, June and I took our horses into the pond. Summer actually drug me into the pond and headed straight to the middle and took me for a swim. She loves to swim and I just hang on to her lead rope and let her take me "skiing" of sorts. It is real fun. Then she decided to stick her nose in the water and blow for as long as she could making bubbles, Barb and June laughed so hard.

David and I were on vacation this past week to spend time with Amanda. She is 17 now and it won't be long before she is grown and gone. I actually cried about that the other day. I told David I was going to be a horrible "empty nester"! He told me I wouldn't, I would probably just buy another horse to take up my time and $$. (smile)

Tuesday (July 8th), we took Amanda and her beau Eric to Fossil Rim wildlife park, then on to the wax museum and Ripley's Believe it or Not. Eric had never been to any of that and has lived here all his life. His family is very much into their church and so every thing they do is church involved, which I really like. He is a good kid, David and I really like him. Amanda told me today that Eric really likes us too and wants to meet more of her family. Hmmmm...??? Never know, he could be my son-in-law some day.

Yesterday, Tracey and I went to the Six-O ranch to ride. We only got to ride about 14 miles, but spent to whole day out there. Not sure we will do that again any time soon. It was about 103 degrees and no pond to get in. I guess that is why I REALLY like the grasslands, I love that pond. We had planned to ride this morning out at Benbrook, but her hubby was home and I wanted to spend my last day of vacation with my family, so we decided not to go.

Got my barn chores done this morning. Got Summer's pen, trough, feed bucket, etc...cleaned and ready for her. Bought fed and got that dumped. David and I bought hay and picked up a few bales for Tracey and got that stacked this evening with Tracey's help. (Thanks girl!) BTW...GORGEOUS hay and HUGE bales.

Well, it has taken me all day off and on to write this and I think I will say ta-ta for now.

No comments: