Monday, July 28, 2008

Great weekend but bad beginning to this week

Friday night I went with David to watch him race. It was a test and tune night for him as his competition race isn't until next Saturday night in Denton.

He ran the fastest he has ever ran in that car Friday. He sounded like John Force he was talking so fast after he got back to the truck. John Force is a professional drag racer and he is full of adrenaline after a run, David sounded just like him, it was too funny.

Anyway, he ran a 5.62 at the 8th mile. This week he is installing a new shifter which should help him even more.

Saturday was our barn cook out and trail ride. I rode Summer in my Circle Y western saddle, it was so weird not riding in my endurance and somewhat uncomfortable, the stirrups aren't turned and they hurt my thighs and feet. I think it is broomstick time for those stirrups. We had a wonderful ride and great food. Mark and Mel brought their daughter, Maddie. She is almost 6 months old, time goes by too fast. But she is beautiful, blond hair, blue eyes and a little budda belly. She is so sweet. I will get some pictures posted today of her.

During this day, I made a decision, I have been wanting to get mine and David's living will done, everything we own of course goes to Amanda, but she is not a horse person, I have been trying to find and that one special person to will her too if, God forbid, something were to happen to me. I don't want to leave that burden on David or Amanda. I was watching Mark and he approached Summer as she was tied to the round pen. He started loving on her and hugging her and talking to her. Right then it dawned on me, Mark was the person. So I asked him if he would do this for me and he said he was so honored and said there was no question, he would give her a forever home if something happened to me. I told Barb (barn owner) and David, just in case something happen to me before I got the paper work done, that Mark and Mel was Summer's God parents. Weird how something like that just dawns on you when you aren't even thinking about it. I guess cause the whole time they were there, Summer was the only one Mark loved on.

Summer is a true safety horse:
That evening we rode out again, Kelsie, Tracey, Kanisha, Deborah, Larry and myself. We got about 3/4 mile out and Larry's gelding started to spook and Larry lost his hat. He got off and bent down to pick it up, as he did this Eagle bolted. So Summer and I kicked into our NATRC safety mode and started tracking him as Eagle doesn't know the pasture that well. We tracked him into the woods and he turned and saw us and made a bee line back to us. Unfortunately, he still didn't want to be caught and bolted past me and everyone else and back tracked the way we came from and he was gone. Well, I wanted to see if Summer was a true safety horse and didn't want Larry to have to walk all the way back to the barn. Larry climbed aboard and we rode Summer double back to the barn. She took it like a pro and never balked. So now I can honestly say she tracks loose horses, ponies and rides double.

So Saturday was a pretty nice day.

Yesterday started good and ended horrible. We went to my parents and picked up Amanda and dropped a carriage box off for my dad to build a new one. Got home ate a late lunch, went to do the dishes, picked up the crock for the crock pot out of the dish washer and my back seized up! So I am sitting home right now at this computer writing this. I have to alternate between laying, standing and sitting, plus taking Naproxin Sodium and vicodin to relieve the pain, which of course is making me drowsy. I am actually droopy eyed, and head nodding as I write. I really hope to make it to work tomorrow. I hate using my benefit time for anything else other than family and horses. (smile)

Well, gotta go lay down for awhile now.


No comments: