Friday, August 8, 2008

Catching up...

Well, not much to tell.

My mom and dad went and bought a "we are retired now and we deserve this" car. A new Mustang convertable. I can't wait to drive it this weekend. I have never driven a convertable and Amanda can't wait to drive it as she has never driven a sports car. My mom is so excited about it. She has already named it, Sally. You know, like the song, Mustang Sally. (smile)

They have a 2001 Chevy Monte Carlo that is valued at $8000.00. They could have used it as a trade in and knocked a big chunk off of the new car, but they didn't. This car is 7 years old and is immaculately clean and only 45,000 miles. When they bought this car, David got the windows tinted for a Christmas present. Anywho, they are selling the car. And David told me last night that it was my anniversary present that he is buying it this weekend!!! I know it's not new, but the way my parents take care of their cars, it might as well be. As part of our anniversary, my parents are not asking 8000.00, they only asked David for $2000.00. In 12 days we will be married for 20 years. I would rather have this than a new one anyday, no car payments! I hate car payments. Even my parents hate them, that is why they are paying this car off in one year. My dad is a whiz with finances!

No much to report on Summer. She is still doing good. I am riding ever so often in the pasture. She has really got that right hand side passing down. We have even been opening gates from the right. I am real proud of her, she is a quick learner. Now if I can just take some of this junk out of my trunk, I might be able to ground mount without any aids!

I guess that is all I have for now!

Taa-Taa

No comments: