Thursday, April 3, 2008

A long and sad week...

Well, last Wednesday, March 26, 2008, my grandmother passed away. We called her Granny. This has been a stressful and emotional week for me and my family. It was so unexpected. She wasn't sick, no heart problems, non-smoker, no cancer, nothing. She was complaining that her legs hurt and were bothering her. I wonder if she had a blood clot break loose. She was 79. I try to find the blessing in every negative thing in my life. When I have questions like, "Why would God do this?" I try to find a blessing when that question comes to me. I have found some with this last week. My daughter, her great-granddaughter, got to spend her 17th birthday with Granny just 10 days prior to her passing. She got to spend that week with her for spring break. That is a blessing that God allowed that. It is also a blessing that He waited until the next week to take Granny home and to her family that have already passed and not take her while Amanda was there. It was a blessing that she wasn't bed ridden like her brother was that passed just 2 months prior. He had bone cancer and was sick for over a year. Granny was always on the go. You couldn't keep that lady down. She was the one that took care of others, not the other way around. So I find another blessing that, "she lived until she died". That there was no pain in her death, that is was sudden and even she did not know it was happening. I just miss her so much already. She was my Granny, and I know that I will see her again someday. I believe that our life on earth is just one minute to God.

Ecclesicstes 7:1-2
1 A good name is better than fine perfume,
and the day of death better than the day of birth.
2 It is better to go to a house of mourning
than to go to a house of feasting,
for death is the destiny of every man;
the living should take this to heart.

2 Timothy 4:6-8
and the time has come for my departure.
7I have fought the good fight, I have finished the race,
I have kept the faith.
8Now there is in store for me the crown of righteousness,
which the Lord, the righteous Judge, will award to me on that day

No comments: