Thursday, November 29, 2007

My last one before the ride....


This will be my last post before the Christmas at the Six-0 ride. Adriane called and will be in tonight. Yeah! She will be in late, but I will have camp all set up and ready for her to go straight to bed if she wants. I know I will be pooped after setting up camp and getting Summer settled in. Oh, and after unload all the NATRC stuff! But, I did get to go to bed at a decent hour last night, so that was nice.

I went to the barn last night, loaded my trailer with everything Summer and Adriane will need. My friend June is going to take care of my boys for me so David and Amanda won't have to worry about it. I went home, David changed my oil while I cleaned out my SUV, then turned around and loaded it to the top with all mine and Adriane's camping needs and all the NATRC crates. Thank goodness I have a SUV that I can do that with.

Adriane is nervous as a cat in a cage. She is so worried that she will hurt Summer. But I guess I would feel the same way. Heck, Adriane and I don't know each other that well, but I hope this weekend makes us good friends. I did learn last night that she has ridden King (her MFT) for 10 years. That makes me feel good to know she has been riding gaited horses that long. She was so surprised that I knew her placings at the rides she did. I told her I did my research and that is why I asked her to ride Summer for me. She rode under a tough judge and placed well. That judge is a stickler for folks taking care of their horses.

Anyway, I get off of work at 5pm and hope to be hooked up and Summer loaded and leaving my barn by 6pm. I will get there around 7pm and start the hard stuff, setting up camp.

So, I will report back next week for how the weekend went.

Thanks for reading!

TTFN

No comments: