Monday, February 4, 2008

Beautiful, warm weekend...

I was such a beautiful weekend and can you believe I didn't get a ride in! I went to the barn and worked most of the day Saturday. Helping the barn owner erect a stallion pen. She was trying to do it by herself, and those stallion panels weigh a ton! So we got that together and hopefully soon the stud colt will be moved into there and Tracey can move her girls into their new pen. She will be my neighbor.

My plans were to get a good ride in on Sunday, but that didn't happen either. But I was okay with it because my friends Mark and Melinda had their baby at 12:36am on Sunday. So my daughter and I went baby shopping and needless to say, I spent too much. But shopping for a baby is just as fun and shopping for my horse. I know, hard to believe, but it is. So, at 5pm, we (June, Barb, Pat, my daughter and I) loaded into my SUV and headed to the hospital for a visit. OMGoodness, she is soooo cute! I just love babies, that is, as long as they belong to somebody else. (smile) I am too old to be doing that again. Mel looked great. I wished I had looked that good after having my baby.

Anyway, now I am rambling.

Just want to say, congratulations to your new baby girl Mark and Mel. She will be the light in your life and of your life.

1 comment:

Tracey said...

Thanks for working so hard so I can move the girls...I really do appreciate that.

Am looking forward to the ride this weekend...the weather is supposed to be very nice.