Wednesday, January 30, 2008

From a beautiful weekend to this...


The wind was HORRIBLE yesterday. I was sooo worried about my fencing at home and afraid that it would hit the ground and my dog Libby getting out. She is a Bulldog, so needless to say, I am sure if someone picked her up, I wouldn't have gotten her back. Not in the neighborhood I live in. I paid too much for that dog, but love her more than that. About 4:45pm, David called me and said Libby was still at home and the fence held up to the wind. Whew....I was so glad to see that stupid but loveable dog. She is such a ham.


I have been working Summer every night in the round pen. Trotting, gaiting, cantering, then walking to cool down. We mix it up to keep it different. So she does about two miles during our sessions. I put her surcingle on her and attach my GPS to her so I know we do about two miles in 20 minutes. She is looking good. She has lost her hay belly and her back end is looking good. We have also been doing a lot of in hand backing. I have been told that is good for her stifles as well as her back end. She seems real happy. Especially when we do her carrot stretches. I just want her ready for the Freeze R Burn on the 9th. Tracey and I got another lady named Mary to do it too. So she and I will be newbies together. She has an Arab and I know they will both do fine. With Summer being a "heavy" horse, I just have to work her a little harder to get her in shape for this. Now if I had the will power to do the same for me. Tonight, Summer gets a break, I have to clean her pen, I think they are predicting rain tomorrow so I need to get it done tonight.


Well, better get back to work.


TTFN
Thought for the day:
You are valuable...not because of what you do or what you have done,
but simply because you are.

No comments: