Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Interesting day yesterday for my mom

June 6th, 1976, my grandfather passed away. He was not my mother's biological father, but he was more of a dad to her than her own father. Grandpa became my mom's dad when she was 5 years old. He had a son from a previous marriage that my mom never met nor talked to. Grandpa allowed Larry to be adopted by his (Larry's) step father at a very young age. We don't know the history between grandpa and his first wife. Yesterday, mom got a phone call from grandpa's son. His son (Grandpa's biological grandson) started researching grandpa. He found Granny's obituary and found mom. Larry is not much older than mom, just turning 60 years old himself and lives in Virgina. He e-mailed some current photos of himself to mom and she forwarded them to me. I wondered if he looked like Grandpa. He is the spitting image of him. Grandpa died when I was 7 and I adored that man. I am not going to post his photo on this site. I don't think that would be appropriate right now. But I hope that they continue to stay in touch and I hope Larry learns what a wonderful man his father really was.

No comments: