Friday, January 11, 2008

An okay week...

This has been an okay week. I did get a little riding in Wed and Thur night. Tracey and I did a couple of miles each night around the barnyard. Summer didn't think it was fair since Tracey has two horses and I only have her, hence, she had to work both nights and Tracey's girls only got one night each.

We are supposed to go riding at Benbrook tomorrow. A conditioning ride. Summer has been on a break for the month of December so now needs to get back to work and earn her oats. I am wanting to go ahead and do an endurance ride on her. It is just a 25 miler, so they call it an LD (limited distance). I think it will be fun, but I am sure Summer will have other thoughts on that. This one is called Freez 'R Burn and is held at the LBJ Grasslands, so at least we kinda know the trails.

I am real proud of Summer. She has never been one to like to side pass to the right. Well, these past two nights we have worked on that from the saddle, and both times I have gotten her to take a couple of steps to the right. They weren't as pretty as the ones she takes to the left, but she gave effort and did it. I hate arena work, but I know I need to do it if I am going to have to train her to do little things like sidepassing to the right.

TTFN

No comments: