Wednesday, June 11, 2008

AHA Region IX Championship Show


Last night I work the above titled show. It was sooooo cool. I finally got to see a Native Costume class. It was absolutely fabulous! The riders and horses were just gorgeous. It is something I will never forget. I worked the "IN" gate, which means I could have reached out and touched the horses as they went in to the arena. And June worked the "OUT" gate. The show is all week long and we have also volunteered to work Friday after I drop Libby off at the vet's that morning.

I was joking with the girl that recruited me, Carrie, and told her when you volunteer at an endurance ride you get a t-shirt, she said, "we don't give t-shirts, we give baseball caps." So June and I got a real nice cap and was told we would get another one on Friday after we were done. They also feed and give drinks to their volunteers. And I thought it would be hot, but the arena's are air conditioned, so that was nice.

The classes were all kinds: Native Costume, Park Horse, Country English Pleasure, Western Pleasure and many others. But last night was the first night of the week and there are so many more classes for the rest of the week. Friday will be exciting for June and I cause we will be working in the arena for the Reining classes and Cow Horse classes. And they say Arabs aren't good for working cows! Psh....I beg to differ!

On Libby, she is doing okay. I am STILL tricking her drink water. But that is okay, I just can't wait to get this surgery over with.
_____
**Picture above is not from the show I attended last night, but you get the idea.

No comments: